Our 2011 Mission Conference has come and gone. Here are 7 reflections I have on the conference.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday evening Q & A session. It was exciting to watch the interaction between the ‘seasoned’ missionaries and the Faith’s 100 potentials. I just wish it could have been longer. I felt like there were so many questions left unanswered.
- With all of the focus on Faith’s 100 at this year’s conference, I would like to see a future conference devoted exclusively to Faith’s 100.
- It is difficult to listen to a presentation about Shepherds Ministries and not get emotional. Thank God for the ministry of Shepherds.
- Hannah Osborne’s video presenting her trip to Door of Hope Orphanage in South Africa was heart-wrenching. It is hard to fathom that there are places in the world where babies are abandoned in trash piles.
- I am looking forward to the future Sunday service when I will be able to hear David Nyeholt’s and Hannah Wilkins’s presentations.
- Saturday morning’s breakfast was outstanding! What a joy it will be to hold next year’s Mission Conference breakfast in our new gym!!
- The messages by Rick Piatt and Kent Craig were outstanding. They challenged my thinking.