|Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) from Wikipedia|
Stephen asked if I would consider another series for the Fountain. Thanks to Stephen and his assistance in getting the first “Birds of the Bible” series started, those articles and my resulting blog have grown beyond what was ever imagined. Now, we are beginning another new series.
Some of his first suggestions were like, “Birdwatching for Dummies” and I assured him that that book had already been written. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Birdwatching has also been written. Between the two of us, we just want to encourage you to start birding today.
Okay, so I am suppose to start “birding,” what is it?
“Birding”, “Birdwatching”, “Bird Watching”, “Looking at or for birds”, “Enjoying seeing birds” or whatever you want to call it, are basically the same. It amounts to watching the many wonderful birds that the Lord has created. If you observe only one bird, you are still “birding.”
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; (Song of Solomon 2:12 KJV)
|Blue Jay at Bok Tower by Dan|
Other Posts in our Start Birding today Series:
- Start Birding Today: Series Introduction
- Start Birding Today: Some Background Information
- Start Birding Today: Why Should I Go Outside and Stare at Birds?
- Start Birding Today: The Few Tools You Need To Be A Birdwatcher
- Start Birding Today: Where Do I Go?
- Start Birding Today: What Kind of Bird is This?
- Start Birding Today: When Should I Go?
- Start Birding Today: What is the Sound?
- Start Birding Today: Enjoy the Lord’s Paintbrush – U.S.
- Start Birding Today: Enjoy the Lord’s Paintbrush – Zoos