In his message, Pastor reminded us that sin always brings consequences. As fathers, it is so important for us to remember this every day. All of our sin has consequences. Our sin affects the everyone around us.
“The pain of the reaping always eclipses the pleasure of the sowing!”
In his message, Pastor identified 8 consequences that were a direct result of David’s sin.
- A Son Dies
- A Brother Violates a Sister
- A Brother Hates a Brother
- A Brother Murders a Brother
- A Son Rebels and Runs Away
- A Son Leads a Conspiracy
- A Son Shames a Father
- A Friend Murders a Son
Unbelievable. Dads, remember, sin will destroy your marriage and your family.
Pastor closed his message with three reminders.
- David’s haunting cries calls to a wife or husband allured by the fantasy of a secret affair. His cries call to the parent drawn to the busyness and rush of life that leaves little or no room for children. His cries call to anyone who is tempted to exchange their future peace for the fleeting pleasures of sin. Let me ask:
- Are the selfish choices we so easily and casually cast to the wind, worth the whirlwind that waits to strike us and the ones we love?
- How many innocent people will suffer in the wake of my sin?
On this Father’s Day, choose to avoid the painful path of grief and heartache!
This Post Sponsored by: